Sunday, November 23, 2008

Soy Milk Chai Latté

In the early morning, when I have way too much homework to do, all I wanted was a cup of tea with Cow Juice. I of course, have not purchased milk in quite a while, and don't have any in the fridge. I didn't want to go buy any, both because it's minus a million out there, and because I've made it this long, right?

So, I made myself pretty well the most delicious Vanilla Soy Milk Latté for breakfast, and now that I'm awake from the espresso in that, and since it's still frosty outside, I thought I would make, and share on here, the most delicious thing I've made in a while.


Chai Latté
3/4 cup soy milk (or rice milk, almond milk, etc)
Chai Tea bag
1/3 c water
Sugar
Cinnamon

In a good microwave safe mug, pop the Chai tea bag and the water in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (you can also let it steep with boiling water, but I find it faster in the microwave) while you steam the milk (if you don't have a milk steamer like on an espresso machine, you can heat it in a sauce pan, but it really isn't nearly as good).

Once the milk is all frothy and delicious, pour in the chai tea concentrate out of the microwave, along with the sugar (which you can omit entirely if you're not a sugar fiend like me), finally top the froth with the cinnamon. (if you are feeling really energetic, you can use a stencil and be extra fancy!)

Enjoy and stare at the snow outside and feel especially cozy!

No comments: